Sunday 10 May 2015

Host Is Not Allowed To Connect To This MySQL Server Error In Visual Foxpro


When you encounter this type of error in VFP, it may mean that the MySQL account you are using does not have the right privileges.

For a quick fix, go to the server PC and open MySQL Command Line Client. Type the command below:


grant all privileges on *.* to root@'%' identified by 'YourPassword';


Change the 'root' if you're not using that user and change YourPassword with your own password.




1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I bought at hosting company some web places where I have installed MySQl database and pile of PHP pages that works fine. In my house I have running VFP9 app that operate with free tables, also working fine. When I wish to upload some fresh data from client PC to MySQL I use PHP pages for upload file and after explode I insert data into MySQL. In the case that I need data from MySQl tables to client PC then I also use PHP code that download file into reserved folder on client PC and then VFP read that file, parse data and insert into VFP table. I wished to direct access to MySQL DB/tables as I have al necessary data but classic approach with server IP, username, password, socket doesn't work. I installed MySQL on client PC and then VFP regularly read data from them, but from remote I got always error. I tried to establish VPN based on known IP of hosting server, my username and password but was unable! I checked cpanel at my hosting place but saw nothing what I don't already knew. Is there some logical and step by step solution how to setup VPN or connect VFP and MySQL at hosting place, I'm using MySQL ODBC driver localy and works fine. Any help, please!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...